Build Matching Binary Fails

The build seems to complete successfully, and then at the end it displays this error:

copy compiled php binary to litespeed directory
cd /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin
cp: cannot stat `/home/cpeasyapache/ls.src/php-5.2.6/sapi/litespeed/php': No such file or directory
**ERROR** fail to copy lsphp from /home/cpeasyapache/ls.src/php-5.2.6/sapi/litespeed/php
Obviously the directory doesn't exist, just wondering how to solve this.

Also If I try to build php5 in the lsws admin panel, I get all sorts of permission errors like:

/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/phpbuild.1221880298.6.sh: line 21: /usr/bin/curl: Permission denied
I assume this is because lsws is running as robody and doesn't have permission.

Also

2008-09-19 23:34:31.103 [ERROR] [config:server:epsr:lsphp5] invalid path - /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5, it cannot be started by Web server!
Update

I compiled lsphp5 manually and it works fine, still curious why the other methods didn't work though.

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Which OS are you using?
Looks like the PHP code has not been properly patched when you build matching binary from WHM, it should grab the latest PHP LSAPI patch and create /home/cpeasyapache/ls.src/php-5.2.6/sapi/litespeed/ directory. Is the directory created?

Please try it again see if there is any other error messages.

I'm using CentOS 64bit, I was able to build php manually but I could not get APC working correctly.

I could compile APC but it was acting weird, like when the shm size was set to 100, it was showing a total of 600, it was like it was not sharing properly.

Also could be a conflict between the APC compiled with apxs running with apache. I was running litespeed in paralells to test.

I am getting the same error when trying to rebuild PHP. I stopped litespeed to install some new php modules and when I go to rebuild php it gives me the following error:

copy compiled php binary to litespeed directory
cd /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin
cp: cannot stat `/home/cpeasyapache/ls.src/php-5.2.6/sapi/litespeed/php': No such file or directory
**ERROR** fail to copy lsphp from /home/cpeasyapache/ls.src/php-5.2.6/sapi/litespeed/php

The directory does exist though.

Just to update, the fix to this problem was with /usr/bin/gcc - if you set permissions to 755 before the compilation it works fine. Make sure to change it back to normal after.