Crawler and website mobile version

Hi,

I have a desktop and mobile versions of the website. Depending on the user agent a different version of the website is displayed.

In Litespeed cache I have enabled Cache Mobile option in settings.

My question is does Litespeed cache crawler honor the Cache Mobile option and creates two versions of the page in cache? If it does not I should create my own crawler that loads mobile version of the page and that should also load it into the cache.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
What's your application? Magento? Wordpress?
It depends on how you setup your mobile version. If it is responsive design, then Litespeed cache caches only one copy.

Last edited:
It's Wordpress.

It is not responsive design - mobile shows one html, desktop shows different html (mostly difference in header part of the page and some content)

lclarke

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, Serge.
No. The crawler doesn't handle any page variations at all, and so it only crawls the main desktop version of the site, not the mobile version.
The only way to cache the mobile version is by visiting the page with a mobile user agent.
Sorry I don't have better news.

Hi, Serge.
No. The crawler doesn't handle any page variations at all, and so it only crawls the main desktop version of the site, not the mobile version.
The only way to cache the mobile version is by visiting the page with a mobile user agent.
Sorry I don't have better news.

Thanks for the information. Not bad news at all, just needed to know how things work so I can plan accordingly. Simple crawler on my end should resolve that fairly quickly.

Just to confirm though. When Cache Mobile option is enabled in settings and two visitors visit the same page, one on mobile and one via desktop, two separate versions of the page are saved in cache (based on user agent check)?

lclarke

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, exactly. There are two separate versions saved of the page: one with the desktop HTML, and one with the mobile HTML.