Interworx plugin

Hello,

Apparently, i'm told everywhere :
- Interworx's Plugin just tells InterWorx that you are using Litespeed and not Apache.
- it's a pain to compile LSPHP to match PHP to ensure everything works.

So i follow the others asking for a Interworx plugin made by LiteSpeed

Michael

Staff member
Howdy Kynao,

This is definitely something we're open to — we have a really good relationship with the Interworx guys — but we need more people to request it. If you can get a movement behind you (especially if some in the movement are planning on using it in more than just one or a couple installations), we're happy to insert it into our to-do list.

Cheers,

Michael

Licensecart

+1, it's the reason we signed the agreement to be honest, LiteSpeed and InterWorx are the best products on the market and I was expecting it to be in the works, but as InterWorx grows it's still not got the support from third parties, which means some people go elsewhere. I've had people tell me they won't use LiteSpeed because it's a pain in the a.... getting it to work with InterWorx and moved to CloudLinux Mod_lsapi which they help set-up.

I confirm this at least for me. If plugin is made, i buy a subscription.
If not, i make it short because it's off topic but, licencecart, i'm interested by your advices about CloudLinux Mod_lsapi and maybe Cloudlinux itself if you propose it in your offers.

Licensecart

I confirm this at least for me. If plugin is made, i buy a subscription.
If not, i make it short because it's off topic but, licencecart, i'm interested by your advices about CloudLinux Mod_lsapi and maybe Cloudlinux itself if you propose it in your offers.
We can't sell CloudLinux due to their connection with cPanel but if you are waiting for this I recommend buying direct from them and then enquire about Mod_lsapi and they will get back to you and even set it up :).

Michael

Staff member
Howdy guys,

Glad to see y'all getting involved. Right now I count five votes (though perhaps LicenseCart's vote represents a bit more). This is a good start. (None of y'all would be planning to buy, say, 50-100 licenses, would you?) We will be taking a preliminary look soon at what would be required to build a fully functioning Interworx plugin. I'm not guaranteeing we build one, but we are interested in scoping it out.

Cheers,

Michael

Licensecart

Howdy guys,

Glad to see y'all getting involved. Right now I count five votes (though perhaps LicenseCart's vote represents a bit more). This is a good start. (None of y'all would be planning to buy, say, 50-100 licenses, would you?) We will be taking a preliminary look soon at what would be required to build a fully functioning Interworx plugin. I'm not guaranteeing we build one, but we are interested in scoping it out.

Cheers,

Michael
If there was a better plugin, it would allow me to sell more LiteSpeed licenses to be honest not sure how many mate, but I guarantee more sales would come in as I can promote it with InterWorx. At the moment it's just on the site and people buy it. At the moment I like others have to inform customers that it's not easy to use on InterWorx as I don't want to get a support ticket to help to find out they cancel it because it's too complicated to get working.

Michael

Staff member
If there was a better plugin, it would allow me to sell more LiteSpeed licenses to be honest not sure how many mate, but I guarantee more sales would come in as I can promote it with InterWorx. At the moment it's just on the site and people buy it. At the moment I like others have to inform customers that it's not easy to use on InterWorx as I don't want to get a support ticket to help to find out they cancel it because it's too complicated to get working.
Understood. We'll be looking into it soon. A lot is going to depend on how time-consuming it looks like it's going to be. I'll keep y'all updated no matter what.

Cheers,

Michael

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
For PHP setup with interworx, there are a few options now.
We have our own PHP repository, it can be used with any hosting control panel. http://rpms.litespeedtech.com/
cloudlinux alt-php added lsphp binary long time again, if you could use mod_lsapi, you should be able to use the same lsphp binary with LiteSpeed.
REMI repo added lsphp rpm a while back.

Licensecart

For PHP setup with interworx, there are a few options now.
We have our own PHP repository, it can be used with any hosting control panel. http://rpms.litespeedtech.com/
cloudlinux alt-php added lsphp binary long time again, if you could use mod_lsapi, you should be able to use the same lsphp binary with LiteSpeed.
REMI repo added lsphp rpm a while back.
Correct, however CloudLinux install it for you so they use the binary they know and use. If you use LiteSpeed it's guess work and opening a ticket with support or by coming to the forum to find out why this and that isn't working. And taking hours to get it working per user, when you can use a cPanel / DirectAdmin or Plesk plugin and it does it automatically for you. Why should we be left out and be the only control panel users to suffer that?

If you need to ask CloudLinux to do it with their software, customers won't just save the ./config and then use LiteSpeed...