LiteSpeed Cache Crawler v6.0.0.1 documents

av_admin

Hello

Happy new year

I want to know how can I change the color of the crawler from blue to green?

Blue means = Cache Miss
Green means = Cache Hit

I couldn't find the information for those color and how can I fixed theme,

Thanks

Attachments

serpent_driver

The cache can be warmed up in two ways, but only one of the two variants is used in the built-in crawler of the cache plugin for Wordpress. This variant in question updates the cache of a URL by the set TTL if the cache has not yet expired. This variant is slightly faster than the other variant when it comes to cache warmup, but the faster variant has a disadvantage, which is that the web server does not send any response headers and, in particular, if the x-litespeed-cache header is missing, the number of already cached URLs cannot be captured. That's why the green icon usually doesn't contain any numbers.

With a corresponding expansion of the programming of the built-in crawler, it would also be possible to record these numbers. My Kitt Cache Crawler can do that.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Join https://www.cachecrawler.com - Lightning fast Cache Warmup Crawler for Wordpress, OpenCart, PrestaShop, W3 Total Cache, WP Rocket, Shopware and Magento.

Last edited:

serpent_driver

This variant in question updates the cache of a URL by the set TTL if the cache has not yet expired. This variant is slightly faster than the other variant when it comes to cache warmup
@av_admin

For the case you missunderstood my description. The quoted method is the current method and is already in use, but causes the issue that already cached URLs are not displayed in the green icon.

av_admin

@av_admin

For the case you missunderstood my description. The quoted method is the current method and is already in use, but causes the issue that already cached URLs are not displayed in the green icon.
I understand, If Litespeed team knows that this issue exists, why don't they fix it?
I think this is not an issue or maybe we are wrong totally

serpent_driver

I understand, If Litespeed team knows that this issue exists, why don't they fix it?
I am not shure if LiteSpeed knows it. You are the second user who reported it since cache plugin for WP exists.

Login to LiteSpeed Slack and post this "issue" there. At LiteSpeed Slack to can talk with LS developers directly. This forum doesn't support cache plugin for WP any longer.

https://www.litespeedtech.com/slack

serpent_driver

On another site, I found this and hit is working correctly, see the image
I know, but there is no logical reason why it sometimes work, but mostly it doesn't. Certain server configurations could prevent the actually faster method. But then the function that the cache is updated no longer applies. Just wait for a reply in Slack.

btw. You used the wrong Slack channel. Use #wpcache channel instead.

serpent_driver

@av_admin
You will not get a satisfactory answer in the WordPress forum for the LiteSpeed Cache Plugin for WordPress, even though I have already given you the answer to your question. The support in the WordPress forum is excellent, but not all-encompassing. Not every LiteSpeed developer knows everything. In the specific case of your question, you need a very in-depth knowledge of how LiteSpeed LScache works. In this specific case, you have to accept that the issue cannot be solved based on the current code. To solve the problem, profound corrections and extensions to the code for the WP Cache Plugins are required.

If you want the issue solved, send me a PM, but the solution is not available for free.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Join https://www.cachecrawler.com - Lightning fast Cache Warmup Crawler for Wordpress, OpenCart, PrestaShop, W3 Total Cache, WP Rocket, Shopware and Magento.

Last edited:

serpent_driver

Final answer to the question of why the LScache plugin does not display a number for the already cached URLs in the greenish icon.

The number of URLs requested during crawling is determined via the x-litespeed-cache header, which can be either miss, hit or no-cache. If a URL is not yet cached, this URL appears in a bluish icon. However, the value "miss" does not mean that the requested URL was not cached. The value "miss" means that the requested URL was not yet in the cache at the time of the request. The value "hit" is only displayed when the request is made again.

The crawler of the LiteSpeed Cache Plugin for WordPress uses a specific user agent. This fixed user agent has the special feature that the request time is faster than with conventional user agents and the cache of an already cached URL is extended by the set TTL. The faster crawl speed is achieved, among other things, by not loading the data from the request. This also includes not returning the x-litespeed-cache response header. If a URL is already cached during crawling, then information about the status of the cache of the respective URL is missing and if this status is missing, the requested URL cannot be counted and that is why the greenish icon is usually empty or does not show any number.

Answer to the question of why the greenish icon sometimes shows a number for URLs that have already been cached.

The built-in crawler has a rudimentary overload protection, which is measured by the set value for "Server Load Limit". If this value is exceeded during crawling, a break is inserted between the threads to reduce the server load. In addition, a different user agent is used during the overload period. If this user agent is active, the standard response and also the x-litespeed-cache header are sent again. This is the reason why the greenish icon sometimes contains the number of URLs that have already been cached.

Last edited:

av_admin

Hello

Thanks for the information you shared with me

I have clear questions and want to find the answers

1- this is my crawler settings, does it need to change? the crawler is always running and this is why the gray, blue, and green icons show different numbers
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ojv_-zF4O3DSEiA625J_d-mwo4XSlIF/view

2- why do we use the cache? we create static pages with the cache from dynamic data, right? We set TTL for CSS, JS, fonts, and images
if my opinion is true, then I want to cache my home page only once per week not every hour

3- according to this image https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ExoQxKutWkz8EO219j2X3MBEMy633d9h/view the mobile crawler run and run, but the crawler of the desktop stopped running for 24 hours. I understand because the desktop crawler just changes every 24 hours.

4- I want to put all of my pages on green icon

5- what happens when I press the Purge All button in the LiteSpeed cache plugin?

serpent_driver

• 1 to 3 and 5 are already being processed by Cache Plugin Support at WordPress.
  • 4 I have answered this question extensively and it means that this cannot be changed. Why? Read my last post.