Opcache + Memcache on cPanel server

bloom360

Hi,

First of all, I have already searched on the forums but couldn't find the specific answer to this, hence I am asking...

I have a dedicated server running cPanel / Easy Apache 4 and LS with suExec and a good chunk of free RAM. How should I enable Opcache on PHP 7? Should i just enable it on Easy Apache and Litespeed will follow? Or do I need to do something different?

Likewise, how should i enable Memcache under the same environment?

Many thanks

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
You can easily install opcache on easy apache 4, the same way as doing for apache.
or from command line:
yum install ea-php70-php-opcache
or
yum install ea-php71-php-opcache
Most likely cpanel has not provided php-memcache extension yet. You can double check with cpanel support.

bloom360

Thanks. But to confirm, doing that on Easy Apache will work seamlessly with Litespeed? I don't have to do anything further on LS?
----------------------------
How could I enable Memcache on LS without affecting or breaking Easy Apache or god knows what else?

Many thanks

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
doing that on Easy Apache will work seamlessly with Litespeed? I don't have to do anything further on LS?
Yes.

How could I enable Memcache on LS without affecting or breaking Easy Apache or god knows what else?
As I said, you 'd better check with Cpanel to see how they support Memcache through EA4 multi-php
If you have cloudlinux installed, you can enable php-memcached through CL PHP Selector.