Optimizing litespeed for high traffic

Then set Priority to -5, for example (no more, than DB), CPU Affinity set to 1, raise Memory I/O Buffer (256/512M...), Use Asynchronized disk I/O (AIO): no. GL!

Crazy Serb

Then set Priority to -5, for example (no more, than DB), CPU Affinity set to 1, raise Memory I/O Buffer (256/512M...), Use Asynchronized disk I/O (AIO): no. GL!
Can you post some screenshots of your setup then? Might make it easier to understand for some people here than try and figure out what you might be referring to with some shorthand references.

1- What is your site language?
2- could you share before and after these settings? I mean google page speed before and after
3- where did you find this setting? the LiteSpeed team told you?
1. RU
2. no, in addition, these indicators include many other aspects of website/server optimization. From the start was been ~60 pagespeed mobile score, now ~95
3. Runet and my experience, tests and observations

Last edited:
Now my problem is sometimes, pages from the cache take a little longer to load than they are generated on the fly. So I'm thinking about moving the cache of dynamic pages into memory, think about it. By the way, "Server Stale" options in WP plugin also significantly increases input latency, so i don't use it, like a CDN on dynamic.

serpent_driver

@Yogurteg

If you want to improve the loading time of cached dynamic pages, use NVMe storage instead of SSD drive. The difference in using a RAM drive for the /lscache directory instead of disk is hardly measurable, so the effort is not worth it. Use the crawler regularly to ensure the cache is always warmed up.

The "Server Stale" option is not intended to improve loading time, but only affects cache behavior when the TTL has expired.

In case you don't know yet, the settings in LiteSpeed WebAdmin have no influence on the PageSpeed Score because PageSpeed does not measure the loading time, but the display time. If you want to improve the score, then you have to optimize the loading behavior of static sources (CSS, Javascript, images, ...) because that is the only thing that has an influence on the score.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Join https://www.cachecrawler.com - Lightning fast Cache Warmup Crawler for Wordpress, OpenCart, PrestaShop, W3 Total Cache, WP Rocket, Shopware and Magento.

support-partner-label.png

Last edited:

av_admin

1. RU
2. no, in addition, these indicators include many other aspects of website/server optimization. From the start was been ~60 pagespeed mobile score, now ~95
3. Runet and my experience, tests and observations
I didn't mean your location, I mean what is your site programing language, are you using wordpress or shopify or magento or...

@serpent_driver, thanks, Cap! When i say "a little longer to load", i mean up to 15ms, in worst case. This no need "efforts", only my desire to allocate memory for this. So, i no need crawler for warming up our planet, bacause my DB already "crawled" by server memory.
The "Server Stale" option is indirectly intended to improve loading time and affects, when cache is cleared, for "infinite" caching.

It only affects the first visitor after the cache expires.
What is "affects"?)
Not necessary only for the first visitor
Not all websites wait for the cache expire and update their data more often

Please read the documentation
what next when TTL has expired?
Almost nothing, works something like tiered cache on cloudflare (tired cache :D) Cache not actually purged, just marks "this cache copy need to purge after new cache copy will generate"