sales questions

Discussion in 'General' started by gdewey, Mar 21, 2013.

1. gdewey

gdewey Member

Hi, I have some sales questions but can't find any email or form to post them.

Should I do it here :cool:?

tks

2. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

3. gdewey

gdewey Member

ok here is my question:

I would like to purchase an enterprise license with 2 CPU to get the cache functionality for a project I have on hand but most of the test are done on a test VM server, we normally drop or rebuild the servers. Can I port or de-register/register the license from one server to another until I get it in production?

Can I upgrade from 2 to 8 CPU later ?

tks

4. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

5. gdewey

gdewey Member

mh so if I create am Image of my server in amazon ec2 to backup everything and for some reason the server needs to be launched again the license wont work because of a "hardware change" :-/ this complicate things a bit ..

6. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

if you can predict the hardware change, should not be a issue.
    before change, you issue command:
    /usr/local/lsws/bin/lshttpd -m

after change, you issue
    /usr/local/lsws/bin/lshttpd -r

there is a 3 day overlap period.

7. gdewey

gdewey Member

sometimes we cannot :S .. I had the experiences of getting from amazon tech support "sorry but the there was a hardware degradation in that sector" (what ever that means) or that the server just was unreachable in the middle of the process and we urgently needed to re-launche a new server..

I ask this paranoic questions because of the type of projects we do. They require very hi availability for a very short time.. they last 2-3 days because of the nature of the project. so we need a very flexible way to re-lauch in bad scenarios.

any ways, the schema is understood

8. Michael

Michael Active Member Staff Member

You can also always release your license when you need to use it on a different piece of "hardware", though this will shut down the server you were using it on...

Michael