server won't respond after new account created

aww

I just tried to create a new account under cpanel to test some of the htaccess issues we have been talking about.

After the account was created by cpanel I could no longer access any page or site on the server.

Tried restarting lsws then the entire vps, no change.

Redid the upgrade for 3.1.1 and tried a restart, it says it started with a pid but then no website access and I get this trying to access the admin console:

Warning: Unknown(/opt/lsws/admin/html.3.1.1/index.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)() [function.include]: Failed opening '/opt/lsws/admin/html.3.1.1/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0
Tried deleting lsws in /tmp without any change.

Had to run Apache for now - which comes up without a problem.

aww

Sorry again. My host hires absolute morons.
I complained about a load spike, they saw lshttpd which they are not familiar with, so they disabled it without consulting me (this is a VPS, not a shared system)

Absolutely idiots.

Will be back later after I straighten this out.

aww

Could you please tell me what to chmod and chown lsphp to?

My host tampered with it's permissions and I don't what to to reset it back to.

aww

Sigh, they made an absolute mess.
Even after doing an upgrade there are still many files chmod'ed to 000.

If I want to keep my configuration, what files do I need to copy off
before I delete and re-install it? I also have ssl keys installed, can I save those?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You can rename the old installation directory, then start from scratch. The old configuration files can be copied to your new installation.

aww

I assume everything I have to worry about is in /admin/conf ?

I also need /opt/lsws/php/php.ini ?

Anything else?

I actually got it up and running by deleting /lib and having it recreate the files, had to do the same for eaccellerator and re-installed that as well

My apologies for so many posts and questions.
My host really did me in with this nonsense.
They actually thought lshttpd was a trojan/virus!

I'm taking the opportunity to run lsws back on port 82 and comparing it more carefully to apache.

By the way, open_basedir WAS working properly, in my apache php.ini I have error reporting turned on and in lsws's default php.ini it's turned off - so it wasn't reporting the issue.

Thanks again for your help and patience.

Last edited: