Strange problem with home page caching

Hi team.

For over a year i used LiteSpeed Web Server in version 5.2.2. and all works fine. On the last update of cpanel, demand to update LWS το version 5.3.6, so it will be upgraded to its latest version.

I select 5.3.6, i restart the litespeed and then a very strange problem with home page caching appears.

After a while, the home page of my site (only on desktops) doesn't load. On mobile devices the home page loading normally. All others pages loading normally, both in desktop and mobile devices. I selected to Cache Mobile separately from the settings of LiteSpeed Cache wordpress plugin (2.9.4.1).

This bug fixed only if i restart LWS fron cpanel. Then, home page on desktops works normally for a while, and then the bug appears again and the home page didn't loading.

Also, the bugs appears only to visitors (non logged-in users) of my site. The home page works/load normally to logged-in users.

The bugs appears and if i select LWS v5.3.5. I can't select the v5.2.2 because if i do, appears 403 error to all pages on my site.

As a temporary solution i have chosen not to cache the home page of my website.

I use:
Wordpress 5.1
LiteSpeed Web Server 5.3.6 (build 6)
LiteSpeed Cache wordpress plugin 2.9.4.1
Control panel: WHM v78.0.16
PHP: 7.0

Did you have any solution for this bug?

Last edited:

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
Can you log a ticket and provide root ssh access to your server and wordpress admin login for us to take a look?

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
For everyone's interest, #890542 has nothing to do with litespeed cache since there is no cache hit header at all. PHP 503 errors caused domain inaccessible issue.

Domain inaccessible could be many reason and your one may not be the same reason, network problem can also cause the problem. Ask your hosting company to check the reason. If you are System Admin for that server with root access, you will need to check error log to find out why.